Not Just Cooling Ltd GDPR statement
Not Just Cooling Ltd herein referred to as (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in compliance with GDPR Act 2018.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting https://www.notjustcooling.co.uk and/or purchasing any product/service from us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on www.notjustcooling.co.uk
or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you; make an enquiry; order a service, place an order for any product or service, and when you report a problem with our site/services. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number and financial information. We will only collect the information needed so as to provide and market our HVAC services to you. If we use data provided by other companies we take careful steps to ensure that it is appropriate to use to contact you within our stated lawful legal basis for data processing being ‘legitimate interest’.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions and operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, with information about goods or services that were subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you, or those that we believe may legitimately be of interest to you.
We have to balance your own interests with our own legitimate interest in finding new customers or making sure we deliver the best products and services to existing customers by, for example, direct marketing. In you making initial contact you consent to us maintaining a marketing dialogue with you until you either opt out (which you can do at any stage) or we decide to desist in promoting our services. We will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with our HVAC services, we do not sell or broker your data.
By offering organisations and domestic property owners advice on the latest HVAC legislation, marketing the latest energy saving products, and maintaining heating, cooling and ventilation plant/systems in optimal condition for energy efficiency and refrigerant safety, Not Just Cooling Ltd provide a valuable business-to-business & domestic service that contributes to the success of businesses and the wider economy, and can help reduce energy wastage and harm or potential harm to the environment.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tell us via email to email@example.com:
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site/services and for internal operations, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site/services to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/network/systems;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site/services safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Not Just Cooling or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. All documents containing personal data are stored in secure office environment in locked filing systems. Electronic data is protected by virtue of password encryption. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology by a third party (I.E. PayPal or Xero) or made using the BACS system.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You are entitled to ask us at any time, not to send you any correspondence for marketing purposes. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or, if you receive an email marketing communication from us, you can click to unsubscribe on the email. The accuracy of your information is important to us. We’re working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at the above address:
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with legislation. Any access requests should be directed to email@example.com
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you
hold with us. We’ll keep data for a maximum of 10 years after our most recent contact or interaction, with the exception of accounting transactions that we are required to retain for a minimum of 7 years.
DATA HELD BY US PRIOR TO 25TH MAY 2018
Unless already unsubscribed, we have had regular contact with you up until this date. Given you have not previously unsubscribed we will assume you have a legitimate interest in our products and services and are happy to continue to receive marketing communication. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of any emails and change your preferences using the contact email – firstname.lastname@example.org All of the points and rights in this policy apply to you immediately.
REVIEW OF THIS POLICY
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in 21 September 2020.